Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: VSS Skin Test - Opinions

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 23, 2008 ยท 2832 posts

RnRWoman posted Mon, 12 May 2008 at 4:38 PM

Quote -
RnRWoman - what zone is the edge of the eyelid - I probably don't have a rule for it. Which means VSS didn't replace the shader there.

I believe the edge of the eyelids must be using "EyeSocket," as I can't find anything else that looks like it pertains to it or would be even close to it.

Quote - Regarding the eyebrows turning gray - that's probably because of specular effects being applied to the "skin" - which happens to not be skin but hair! This is why texture sets really should have specular maps. If that was skin, it should be showing a highlight. But not hair.

Yeah, that's what I thought, that it had to do with how the light is bouncing off of it. It looks cool in some lighting, but gets the grey effect in others.

Quote - I tried to connect the texture map to the specular if there is no specular map, but maybe I made a mistake.

I have a specular map to a texture for V3 (I'm using David so he can accept maps from V3 and M3) so I'm wondering if it'll work for my character here. I've tried to plug it in to various places, but I admit I have no idea what I'm doing with it LOL!

--R.