Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: P7 - PPro Inconsistency

cspear opened this issue on May 10, 2008 ยท 59 posts

cspear posted Tue, 13 May 2008 at 5:29 AM

I'd agree with BB and Gareee that PoserPro renders are, in general, better than those in previous versions. But there is an issue here. I've looked at my screenshots of the Material Room settings for my IBL light posted earlier, and the results have convinced me that 'something' is wrong.

Taking the brownish tone in Color_Math_2, in the P7 version the RGB values are 143/130/114. These values are indentical in Color_Math_4 and _5, as we'd expect. The values in the final bit of the shader are 93/85/74 which, since we have intensity set to 0.65, is exactly what we'd expect.

Compare this with the same set of values in the P-Pro version. In Color_Math_2 the same colors have been selected. Yet the RGB values in Color_Math_4 and _5 read 73/57/42, which are just plain wrong. I can't figure out what is modifying them, but they shouldn't be getting modified at all.

Well, this exercise has convinced me that there is a glitch in the software, somewhere, but I seem to be having a hard time convincing people whose opinions I'd normally defer to.

I've spent way too long on this already. I'll post again if I get anywhere or if any interesting replies get posted.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017