Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: NEW POSER PRO

hindudreams opened this issue on May 15, 2008 · 84 posts

DCArt posted Tue, 20 May 2008 at 7:17 AM

Attached Link: Cloud Striffe

>>> the creation or recreation is inside you ,your art of seing,your imagination  etc not in the tools you use ,even these tools is a camera,a pencil,a computer, Poser or Maya or Zbrush soft

I agree with that to a point ... Poser in the right hands can create some amazing art. However, most higher end applications have renderers that can render more quickly and at a higher quality than Poser's. Differences in materials, lighting, effects, and so on that REALLY make a difference in the final product ...

As an example. The linked Cinema 4D render blew me away ...

I don't think I've EVER seen a Poser render in which the materials approach that level of realism and detail ... and the render is incredibly sharp and rich. The lighting and shadows are perfect. Obviously, this image takes advantage of the features of Cinema 4D rather than just taking Poser content into it and pressing the Render button.

Now ... don't get me wrong ... there MIGHT be a very small number of Poser users that can get close to these results with Poser (after waiting eons for the render to finish), but most don't take the time to learn HOW to get these types of results. An image of that caliber is more than adding content to a scene, posing it, and rendering it ... it's tweaking settings for materials, lighting, shadows, and rendering until everything is perfect. And THAT is why simple isn't always better.