bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 23, 2008 ยท 2832 posts

grichter posted Tue, 20 May 2008 at 9:37 AM

Bill, I asked you if you had a sense of humor and you replied:

Quote - Huge. And subtle. :)

The post after this one will have an image that I hope doesn't:
A.) Violate the TOS
B.) Get me tossed off the forums
C.) Bill gets a big chuckle out of it.

If the image violates the TOS, then by all means delete it and this post also.

If both post survives, please don't be critical of anything but the shaders on the skin or my question that follows. The car was purchased content and the interior leaves a lot to be desired. The background is the one sided primitive, colored black and the reflection removed. What I can't figure out is how to get the right side windows so you see the black primitive without it changing the color so drastically compared to the left side windows. Granted there is no lights facing forward or from behind. The lights are the supplied indoor 2, cut 5 percent in intensity. But I assumed to much and thought that all glass would react the same. But it doesn't. I am a complete rookie with Glass and Mirrors. One other thing that looks odd in a larger image is her right fingers have a tinge of blue, compared the the rest of her skin. I assume this is because they are so close to the bright yellow. But that is a huge assumption on my part. But lets get back to the main reason for this post...

Bil:
From this side of the pixels in various threads here and over in the node cult it is obvious to me you have poured your heart and sole into not just VSS, but the material room in general. Then taken a ton of information from all your hard effort and shared it freely and willingly with the masses. A few of those masses understand the technical levels of your work, but most don't. Those that don't, you've taken the time to try to help educate...sometimes with results, and sometimes that effort ends up futile and frustrating. Well I thought maybe it was time to see if Vicki could work a little on that frustration.

Thanks for all you do. It is appreciated more then I think you realize.

Gary

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"