Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: NEW POSER PRO

hindudreams opened this issue on May 15, 2008 · 84 posts

stevemoh posted Tue, 20 May 2008 at 1:31 PM

Word!  I mean come on! The amount of time people spend in this POS program staggers me.
What's the hold up on actually creating a decent program. This program isn't rocket science so, Why can't it actually work as advertised. Enough is enough already. Get out of this played out fantasy niche and actually create a professional program.

Quote - > Quote - I hear a lot of boasting about the high end apps, but tell me what other program comes close to doing what Poser does with the same degree of simplicity? Let's match potatos for a minute.

Like, what exactly?
Rigging in Poser is a major PITA. If you spend the same amount of time rigging comething in Max, you end up with much better results.

Pre Made content in, made for Max and in Max isn't any harder to use then pre made Content for Poser, and in Poser.

If you take 40 hours to, pose pre made content in Poser, render and animate it, you won't end up with nearly as good results as if you take that much time to do it with pre-made content in Max.

Not to mention that in Poser you're stuck with what someone else made for you, so if you actually have a good dose of creativity in you and some semblance of anatomical correctness, you'll find it stifling.

The only thing that makes poser appealing is the huge volume of inexpensive content available for it. Considering however that most people whom make the content can't make a decent living off of it is going to keep it at pretty low quality and hobby levels.

So, let's not confuse fun and interesting for a hobby level with 'better' and comp[are it to a totally different class of applications.  This is probably why certain pros get snotty and call rendo a 'ghetto'. They probably get annoyed with people grandiosly overestimating their application.

Now before people get their panties all bunched up, lets get thios straight:  I'm not saying that Poser has no redeeming qualities. It's no 'high end 3D app' by any stretch of the immagination!