Forum: Community Center

Subject: OT-- I'm so bummed out

Unicornst opened this issue on May 21, 2008 · 31 posts

Unicornst posted Wed, 21 May 2008 at 10:50 AM

**Yep, I can understand there are rockers who want to see Cook win. Shoot, I was going back and forth between both of them until the last couple of weeks and last night made the final decision.  It just started seeming to me that Cook wasn't putting quite as much into his performances as he did when he was at the midway point. When Cook sang the Andrew Lloyd Webber song, my heart melted then, he gave it so much emotion. But amazingly enough  his die-hard fans didn't like it simply because he didn't re-arrange it into a rock song. I mean, get serious? That is a beautiful song and why would anyone mess it up by trying to change it, but less make it rock? Cook ain't no dummy. And it showed he could do other genres than rock.

Archuleta has his bad moments, I'll admit. At one point, I was wondering if it was all getting to him. The rehearsals, the commercial shooting, the appearances, the schoolwork....very exhausting and it seemed he was getting so tired. But last night showed he can get past all of that and still deliver a stellar performance. For some reason, Cook looked more exhausted than Archuleta last night. I think it all got to him on his last song of the night. First time I really saw any emotion from him since ALW night. Made me tear up. And then to see Archuleta try so hard to hold back tears when the judges gave him such accolades, well, that sent me over the edge.** 😊

Thanks for understanding. Both of these gentlemen have so much to offer and are of such polar genres, that I can understand people being divided. But there's never a need for cruelty on the level shown at those boards. I so wanted to get out my kitty cats.