Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: VSS Skin Test - Opinions

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 23, 2008 · 2832 posts

kobaltkween posted Fri, 23 May 2008 at 9:14 PM

that's interesting you say that. most everything i've ever come across calls that 127, 127, 127 50% grey.  and it kind of matches the 50% grey prismacolors i know of, and is much lighter than the 20% grey markers.  it's also what you get if you bring white and black together and mix them at 50%.  and what you get when you ask for 50% luminance.  i'm sorry i'm being a pest, but could you explain how all the print programs, designers and printed scales i know of are wrong?  i'm sure there's science behind it that makes sense, but i'd like to understand your scale, especially since it seems to differ from that of say, Pantone.

and by the way, i'm definitely not getting the same results with an IBL as an infinite.  GC with a single spot and IBL is giving me precisely what i want.  well, minus all the V2 problems i mentioned.  i still wonder why her eyes and lashes seem to be all messed up.  adding an infinite is just skewing everything out of whack.  so i'm going to try something, see if it works.  if my suspicions are correct, i know what to avoid.  otherwise, i'm kind of stumped.