Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: VSS Skin Test - Opinions

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 23, 2008 ยท 2832 posts

bagginsbill posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 7:17 AM

cobaltdream,

I"m really interested in understanding what you're seeing and I'm sure many others are. There are a lot of people who don't speak up because they're shy and it helps them a lot that a few of my favorite Rendo pals, like yourself, will speak up and challenge me. We get a lot better understanding that way, and the shy ones have a voice.

So don't think about stopping with the questions here. I have no interest in ending the conversation. I want to know what you're seeing and why it isn't working for you.

To that end, you should be posting some pictures, because your words aren't making clear the issue, at least for me.

Going back to your May 22 post you said:

"The original isn't muddy, it's properly dark, as far as i can tell." - I gotta see what you're talking about here because it sounds a lot like what I call the Poser look. Meaning, have you trained yourself to believe that "too dark"= "properly dark"? Show us.

"she's not too bright overall, she's too bright where she should be shadowed" - Again, if I were to describe whats wrong with Poser renders that need GC, I'd say "they're not too dark overall, they're too dark where they're shadowed". See what I mean? It sure sounds like what I call "correction" you call "error". Can you show me some renders?

Did you find the 2.2 part in the shader so you can turn it off?

Another thing we need to do before we wander off into pointless speculation: On my splat test, which one blends into the background ON YOUR MONITOR?

Are you on a MAC? If so, I expect you'll tell me #6 or #7, which means all shaded areas are brighter for you than me. But see - I'm already digressing and speculating. Could you just tell me which splat matches the background, please?

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)