Forum: 3D Modeling

Subject: Anyone using Pegasus Modeler?

nyguy opened this issue on Apr 30, 2008 · 9 posts

Morkonan posted Sun, 01 June 2008 at 8:30 PM

I use it and like it for what it does.  In fact, i use several of his apps.  The only complaints I have is that I wish general support, like a user's forum, was available for his products.  I really don't understand why anyone would have that many products and not, at least, grab an easy to use and free forum for his customers. /shrug  (The homesite is pretty bad as well.)

However, the quality of his products is very, very good.  Everything I have used has been good.  The one exception would be the Morph Magic product which, while it DOES work, doesn't have a soft-select option which makes fine tuning and smoothing very, very difficult/impossible in some cases.  It's a good product for basic morph transfer and tweaking but not having solf-select is a killer for me.  I still use it, sparingly though.

However, back to the point: Pegasus is a pretty powerful little product.  If you combine it with Blender and UVMapper (which I like better and which works better in my setup than his embedded mapper) then you have a nice series of programs to do just about anything you want for Poser clothing and character accessories.  You can even just use Pegasus as a basic, user friendly, modeler as well.

I'm glad to hear your problems were solved!  It may be time to look at a new OS option though.  Win2000 is a bit rusty and never was very good to begin with.  While I would never suggest a direct move over to Vista just yet, you could probably pickup a WinXP-Pro package/license online somewhere.  (If you have Win2000 legacy software you need, disregard my comments.  "Gotta use what ya gotta use."

IF the quality and output of his products was combined with PhilC's support style, then nobody would ever have to go anywhere else for purchased Poser-specific applications.  I continue to hope that, someday, this will happen. :)