Forum: Freestuff

Subject: Does 3DPMR even work?

wilddeej opened this issue on May 26, 2008 · 7 posts

Morkonan posted Mon, 02 June 2008 at 4:12 PM

I was able to register once... once.

Then, I never could log back into the site.  I  was able to login with a gmail account and that was it.

I don't use my ISP email address for membership to "free sites", hobby sites, casual forums or anything non-professional.  That's just asking for trouble.  As a result, I get zero spam at my hardline email address. (Of course, they are better guarded against spam attacks, but zero spam over a period of years is a pretty good record.)  I get no suspicious attachments and there isn't any way some internetz nere-do-well whacko could easily find my real name and track me down in order to sacrifice me to his golden retriever...

Sure, I could do something cheesy like use a country extension most anon-register blocks don't screen (You'd be surprised at how many sites block yahoo.com addys but DON'T block yahoo.uk..)  But, I don't care enough.  It's not worth the effort to me to deal with a site that is that troublesome.  PoserPros is another that I have trouble with and refuse to deal with the hassle of resolving it.  So, no business from me there either.  /shrug

The way I see it, if I buy something from someone they're entitled to know my information for business purposes.  Other than that, I'm just a browsing customer and they have no need for that information.  If they have such a problem with spam and/or scammers/returned banned members, that's something which should be handled in a different manner.  IMO