Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I think maybe it's time I left the party

SeanMartin opened this issue on Jun 03, 2008 · 312 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Tue, 03 June 2008 at 4:05 PM

Quote - I buy stuff like this whenever I can. I want to support the artist but also... WOW! It is an amazing piece of work! It poses and renders beautifully. If all the MP clothes could be this good. And check out the price!

I buy stuff like that outfit, too.....and stuff like Rikishi & his add-ons.  I also buy buildings, vehicles, room settings, environments, outdoor scenes -- anything along those lines that happens to strike my fancy.  I also buy V4 characters and V4 clothes of all sorts.  IMO: eclectic is the way to go.

BUT: when it comes right down to it, whatever other people do or do not choose to buy isn't an issue which concerns me very much.  I certainly don't base my personal Poser-content purchasing decisions upon what someone else does or does not happen to like.  It's a topic which is worth knowing about from a purely standard-marketing point of view: and the (successful) market bows to that reality.  But insofar as what I choose to consume on a personal level -- well, that's my choice.  Other people's Poser-content choices are their own affair.

BTW - the interest in "pretty girls" isn't going to go away.  It never has gone away throughout the entire history of the human race.  Even the Artistic Masters of the Olden Days recognized that foundational aspect of human nature.  Heh -- even the current crop of "highenders" bow to it; but in the interest of being PC, they don't always openly acknowledge what they are doing......perhaps not even to themselves.  Claiming that true "highend" CG primarily features.....what, exactly?  Monsters, scifi environments, and........beautiful women.  With 'toons, too.  But not very many depictions of the ordinary.  Because the ordinary doesn't catch the eye.

Highend 3D, by and large, covers exactly the same sort of territory that Poser does.  It's just that they can often do it more realistically -- and that they don't like to admit it.

Something To Do At 3:00AM