Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I think maybe it's time I left the party

SeanMartin opened this issue on Jun 03, 2008 · 312 posts

Conniekat8 posted Wed, 04 June 2008 at 1:30 PM

Quote - Xeno ... nice links you posted there.

The links you posted are indeed renders of "beautiful women." HOWEVER ... in Sean's defense, what those links show that MOST of the Poser renders DO NOT is individuality.

There is a lot of "sameness" in Poser renders, which is unfortunate.  Part of what made Poser a great tool for hobbiests is probably the very thing that makes it less appealing to the pros. It all looks the same.   Not enough people "un-Vicky Vicky" or "un-Michael Michael", or "un-Apollo Apollo."   Most buy a character pack, an outfit, companion textures, and then put it into a scene and render as is. And that contributes to the "sameness."

So ... I've attached here my best "un-Vicky Vicky" attempt. But with as much work as I put into it., it still doesn't anywhere near approach the quality of the images that you posted. And I also question whether or not it can truly be categorized as a Poser image, even though it was rendered in Poser and used a Poser figure (V4), a LOT of the work was done in other software like Cinema 4D and FaceGen for the custom morph.

If anyone else can show some other ORIGINAL* characters that were done in Poser and that approach the quality of art shown in the links Xeno posted, I'd love to see them here too.

Poser does have potential ... but not enough truly push it to its potential.

Deecey, I agree with most of what you said... except, you don't give your attempt here enough credit ;)  It's beautiful, it definately has character and individuality. Wonderful work!!!!!!

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support