Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I think maybe it's time I left the party

SeanMartin opened this issue on Jun 03, 2008 ยท 312 posts

SeanMartin posted Wed, 04 June 2008 at 4:12 PM

*>> Political Correctness attacking near-universal cultural sexual obsession is basically an example of one wrong-headed idea attacking another wrong-headed idea -- and for the wrong reasons.*

:: sigh::

No, Xeno, hate to disappoint you, ol' chum, but this has zero, zip, nada to do with what you think of as "political correctness". The issues are slightly more involved than that -- and were you to actually read the posts, you might figure that out.

Well, my contribtion to the "let's warp a standard character!" game (one I do so love, BTW -- he says with an evil grin). I dont leave any of them alone once I get ahold of them, and some of my favourite work, as was shown a couple of pages back, is in Ichiro -- I prefer version 1 over version 2, but that's just me. This one is from my "Gilgamesh" series: the Death and Burial of Enkidu. Between using Wardrobe Wizard to give Gilgamesh his outfit and the fact that almost no part of the Ichiro meshes used here have been left to manufacturer's original specifications for scaling, morphing and even some mesh-mangling in Hexagon, I think it sorta kinda shows what you can do with these characters if you're willing to spend a little time re-working them. It's nothing wildly extravagant from a re-creation point of view, but still...

Next project BTW is probably "Gulliver's Travels", which will involve some pretty serious prop building for the re-take I'm putting on it. If you're interested, bookmark my website (www.joey-aristophanes.com) and follow along there. Should start posting preliminary images sometime in July.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider