Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I think maybe it's time I left the party

SeanMartin opened this issue on Jun 03, 2008 ยท 312 posts

SeanMartin posted Wed, 04 June 2008 at 4:45 PM

>> As for the "issues" being "slightly more involved" -- I prefer to cut directly to the chase: and to set aside the cover.

You may be cutting to the chase, but you've clearly cut somewhere around the ankle and not near any meaningful organs.

Tell me: how does the community's obsession with one character mesh fall into the realm of "political correctness"? Frankly, I would have the same issue were the mesh in question Michael, in case you hadnt figured that one out, or the Freak, or even the Toon Dragon, for that matter. It's the simple fact that we have reduced this program to one that, in the main, serves the needs of one company (That would be DAZ, incidently) which has (yes, with the users' compliance) decided the standard for eight years now and, in the process, replaced imagination with a whopping amount of tedium and repetitiveness, the "sameness" aluded to by another poster above. Just for grins, so look at the product line for V2 and compare it to the current product line for V4. Not a lot of difference, when you "cut to the chase and set aside the cover". Sure, there's the occasional blip on the radar, but even today, when I looked at the front page for the Maketplace here, it simply underscored what I found the last time I looked: more cookie-cutter products, nothing that really yelled out much uniqueness. We are literally drowning in our own compliance.

So how is this, by any stretch of your imagination, "political correctness"? Truly, that's some reach.

And all the links of images of pretty girls at CGTalk isnt going to help you, by the way. This isnt about Maya or 3DStudio. It's about Poser and what's happened to it since 1998. Stay on topic, if you would.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider