Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I think maybe it's time I left the party

SeanMartin opened this issue on Jun 03, 2008 ยท 312 posts

SeanMartin posted Wed, 04 June 2008 at 11:58 PM

>> I have an annoying tendency to define liberty in my own way.

You also have an annoying tendency of wearing very convenient blinders and singing LA LA LA LA VERY LOUDLY when you dont want to see the point being made.

I have said, several times over in this thread, that I have no issue with the people who want to do nothing but the pretty girl renders. I have no issue with the merchants who continually supply them the means to do it.

My issue is what it's done to this program and the user base in the long run.

Your oh so clever observations about sexism and the effects of gravity on water are about as relevant to that as the latest exploits of Paris Hilton are to the political situation in Rwanda. My point, in case you've missed it in the last five pages, is that the program has stagnated, nearly to the point of anthropy. It has hit a serious plateau in development. It's gotten boring. And if you cant understand why that's happened, then there's no point in telling you. You'll simply sit there and sing LALALALA even more loudly.

So go buy another V4 character. Do it with my blessing. It only continues the stagnation, which, I gather, you like because, for you, that's all this program is about: making pictures of pretty girls. And hurrah for you if thats the case. But some of us would like to see this program doing more. Some of us would like to see the community as fertile with ideas as it was five years ago. Some of us would like to see Poser become innovative again, not merely decorative as it is now.

Of course, saying this to you is indeed like forcing water uphill. You dont want to get it. You're looking for cheap jokes, so please, make a few more. You'll simply underscore again and again why IMHO this community, such as it is anymore, just isnt worth it.

And funny how everyone else in this thread gets it, while you seem stuck in your strange little thesis on "political correctness" -- but I suppose that shouldnt be all that surprising either...

Enough. I'm turning off the bots. It's been fun, folks.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider