Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I think maybe it's time I left the party

SeanMartin opened this issue on Jun 03, 2008 ยท 312 posts

dogor posted Fri, 06 June 2008 at 2:20 PM

Seriously, why be upset ConnieKat8? If I come up with an idea and I'm not willing to be part of it then it means I don't believe it either. You accused me of never having done it at all.

Considering your statement about free items I suppose you go by what is posted here on Rendo' alone and that's not counting everything not even for one item by itself seeing how those are posted on more sites than just here. The figures could easily be thousands. Are there not thousands of Poser users? If not let's just pack it up and quit.

Now as far as Daz is concerned and there 1.99 Plat deals. I don't even know how many club members there are. I don't have access to their records either in no way shape or form unless they volunteer that information and besides if you're paying a monthly club fee it ain't a 1.99 but surely better than list price and I'm sure they boost sales on those items because they are cheaper while serving another purpose at the same time(bait). Fact is nobody even tries to compete on the same level really. They are the best at what they do and if they removed the Vickie line Rendo would probably dry up and blow away with them. Not going to happen I don't think.

The hot sellers get most of the spotlight in advertisement and glory. What do slow sellers get? How can those items be made more attractive if possible? I say lower the price. Personallly, I'm going to leave the big names like Aery Soul alone. I don't think his product line needs any help thus far, but others could use some savy market strategy if nothing else just to get them moving and help get other artists and names out there. They aren't going to get it in front page advertisement when they aren't worth it. People have already passed them by in the market place. It is a subject of great debate as to what things are worth anyways when they don't move in the first place. I stand by "something" is better than nothing, but maybe if they did it would remove revenues from those high price Ultra Quality High Tech Glory Props we can't build without thousands of dollars wrapped up in software that everyone likes so much. For sales that only amount into the hundreds per your word. I don't know. How many sites are those figures sold on? Lets not keep talking about Aery Soul. I have nothing against. Use a broad spectrum of top end sellers. Don't say you're sorry if you upset me please. You didn't care at the time. Most recent was simply politically correct to say that looking at you saying that from where I stand now. It means little or nothing after the lashing. I'll take your advise into consideration though. It just seems like a lose lose scenario for my end while nothing is done and nobody tries a new approach. Times change.

dogor,