Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I think maybe it's time I left the party

SeanMartin opened this issue on Jun 03, 2008 · 312 posts

Conniekat8 posted Fri, 06 June 2008 at 2:34 PM

Quote - > Quote - Heck, even a lot of freebies, except for the hottest ones never reach thousands of downloads. The ones that do, are either nudie oriented, or take a lot more to make then what a person would recover by selling them for a dollar-a-piece.

Umm... You've obviously not checked out the counts on ShareCG lately. I made more money as MatrixWorkz on Share CG giving away my freebies than I ever made when the same items were in a store. They were downloaded by the hundreds and thousands when they were made free. Of course, that was when ShareCG was actually paying their content providers. Now? Meh! I'm not doing much of any content creation.

If I remember right, Matrix Workz freebies are what I would consider pretty nice freebies, not exactly your run of the mill packs, and if I remember right, I've seen you/MatrixWorkz on the list of top freebie providers here on rendo more then once. It's great, but this just what I was trying to get across, thousands of downloads is well above the average performance. Not something that happens left and right to everyone.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support