Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I think maybe it's time I left the party

SeanMartin opened this issue on Jun 03, 2008 · 312 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Fri, 06 June 2008 at 3:00 PM

Quote - > Quote -

Freebies are nice -- and freebie creators should be thanked for their efforts.  That's all good......

It's when certain individuals attempt to turn freebies into an ideology: and make spurious claims that freebies are somehow morally superior (snort) to another guy who's trying to feed himself off of his work: by daring to sell his products for real money (the greed-head!) -- that's when I have a problem with what's being said.

IMO, the true greed-heads are the individuals who think that they have a right to have everything handed to them for nothin'.  In reality: it's never for nothin' -- somebody else has to pay for it.

Well said Xeno!!!!!   That's something that's been on my mind for a while now, and you formulated it quite well!

Thanks, Connie!  BTW - you deserve to be paid -- and paid well -- for what you do.

There's a basic factor in play here: if someone wasn't making money -- then this entire 3D game wouldn't exist.  Without "filthy money" exchanging hands: then it wouldn't even be possible for our little hobby to exist.  So the "great evil" of someone turning a buck for their labors :rolleyes: -- is only right & just.  Or at least it is if people want to be able to enjoy this hobby in the first place.

Something To Do At 3:00AM