Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I think maybe it's time I left the party

SeanMartin opened this issue on Jun 03, 2008 ยท 312 posts

Penguinisto posted Fri, 06 June 2008 at 5:43 PM

Quote - >> I have an annoying tendency to define liberty in my own way.

You also have an annoying tendency of wearing very convenient blinders and singing LA LA LA LA VERY LOUDLY when you dont want to see the point being made.

Now why does that sound familiar...?

Quote - I have said, several times over in this thread, that I have no issue with the people who want to do nothing but the pretty girl renders. I have no issue with the merchants who continually supply them the means to do it.

My issue is what it's done to this program and the user base in the long run.

I wouldn't be so quick to pronounce doom on that. As someone in up to his eyeballs (almost daily) in the cheesecake (and other semi-solid bits) of Poserdom, I have to say that while yeah, 'pretty girl' renders sell, they're anything but alone in what sells. A huge portion of R'otica's Premier portion of the site shows an even balance, and a goodly proportion besides shows all-male figures as the centerpiece.

I think what you're experiencing is the fact that Poserdom, as you see it, is not validating what you think to be the aesthetic norm. Before you get your panties in a knot about sexual orientation, know that I'm merely saying that you, subjectively, do not like what you see (that is, a vast majority of Poserdom being perceived as being a bit too fixated on the female figure).

Well... sorry about that, but IMHO, it reflects society at large. When's the last time you saw an advert with a rugged guy draping himself seductively over the side of a coupe? I'll go ahead and answer that one for you: Never.

It's the society you live in. If you find this revolting, I suggest relocating to Saudi Arabia, where such things as half-naked chicks on artwork isn't really allowed. Sorry, but that's what we live in, so your scope of change extends a wee bit beyond Poserdom, y'know?

Quote -
Enough. I'm turning off the bots. It's been fun, folks.

Enjoy the time off...

/P