Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I think maybe it's time I left the party

SeanMartin opened this issue on Jun 03, 2008 · 312 posts

Penguinisto posted Fri, 06 June 2008 at 6:52 PM

Quote - > Quote - "When's the last time you saw an advert with a rugged guy draping himself seductively over the side of a coupe? I'll go ahead and answer that one for you: Never".

Guess you didn't see that Super Bowl commercial of the guys striping down on the street for the Chev advert? Or the one I saw last night. Another car advert. All these sumo wrestlers giving the car a good washing, the same way they film big breasted, bikini clad women. Ow, my poor eyes.

The ads which you are describing sound like jokes -- they are treating the subject matter as a parody of itself.  Sort of like the way that men dressing up in women's clothes is often regarded as a big, funny joke -- whereas, by contrast, women dressing up in men's clothes isn't usually considered to be particularly humorous.

Pretty much... using humor to sell is different than using sex to sell. Point still stands - thx muchly for catching it.

Incidentally, women dressed in mens' clothing --esp. scanitly-- isn't humorous... it's frickin' HOT!.

Oh, sorry... did I let that out? My bad.

/P