Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I think maybe it's time I left the party

SeanMartin opened this issue on Jun 03, 2008 ยท 312 posts

Conniekat8 posted Fri, 06 June 2008 at 8:57 PM

*The Jupiter 2 Project of course was a lot more work and not all of it my own. Still, there are enough needs for simple freebies out there that one could make a living selling them for a buck or two apiece if they sold in the thousands. So many small scene filler knick knacks could be made that are currently absent that someone could make a small fortune on a site like that if it existed.

Look at the price list, there's a number of items there priced at $1 or $2. I see what our sales are. People aren't clamoring for $1 or $2 items. What they are clamoring for is freebies and new items of good quality.

Also, there's number of themed packs of props, if I remember right faveral and mapps are both doing it. Things like western bric-a-brac, or nautical bric-a-brac etc... packing a set with a dozen or more props to fill the scenes with.
Here's one of Faverals pieces: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=30524&vendor=57980
I see several other of his pieces are no longer on the market here on rendo - unfortunately.

It's all fine and dandy in theory... what I'm trying to explain is that in practice, I see no evidence to support this theory.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support