Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I think maybe it's time I left the party

SeanMartin opened this issue on Jun 03, 2008 · 312 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Fri, 06 June 2008 at 9:49 PM

Quote - > Quote - It's when certain individuals attempt to turn freebies into an ideology: and make spurious claims that freebies are somehow morally superior (snort) to another guy who's trying to feed himself off of his work: by daring to sell his products for real money (the greed-head!) -- that's when I have a problem with what's being said.

IMO, the true greed-heads are the individuals who think that they have a right to have everything handed to them for nothin'.  In reality: it's never for nothin' -- somebody else has to pay for it.

No offense Xeno, but I don't know who these "Certain individuals" are that you're talking about but sometimes you really seem to go out of your way to offend them and others with some of the attitude I see in your posts.

Frankly, Poser was founded on a sharing ideology and I'm one of the people who miss that about the community. Yeah someone has to foot the bills for bandwidth. That's a fact of life. But it can be done a lot less offensively if you ask me.

No offense taken.  Trust me -- I'm very hard to offend.  At least in that way.  BTW - people who are easily offended should really consider staying out of the forums.  For the sake of their own peace of mind.

As for who those "certain people" are -- oh -- "certain individuals" who regularly claim that a commercial motive in Poserdom is somehow a moral evil -- an evil which can only be cured by giving things away.  The problem with that line of thinking is that it simply isn't possible as a realistic construct.  Without an income -- the providers don't eat -- the altruistically-driven business goes out of business.

Like most ideologies -- "freebies only" is a great-sounding utopian ideal -- which wouldn't have the proverbial snowball's chance of actually working in the real world.

I repeat: the true "greed-heads" are those who expect that they have a right to be spoon fed for life by others.......which is the very essence of "greed".  Those who work and expect to be paid for their work aren't greedy -- but those who want things handed over to them for nothing are greedy.  If that's offensive to hear.......then there is a reason.

Something To Do At 3:00AM