Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I think maybe it's time I left the party

SeanMartin opened this issue on Jun 03, 2008 · 312 posts

Diogenes posted Fri, 06 June 2008 at 10:33 PM

Quote - > Quote - Anytime sean is part of a thread here comes penny with his usual and shall we all chime in.  I think sean hit it right on the head. Inuendo and beatin around the bush its still the same thing, if you're going to attack someone at least stand up and do it.

Well, I don't know Sean or penny, all I can go by is what was posted, and honestly I just don't see what was posted warranting that kind of response.

If penny (or whoever's) intent was to berate Sean for his/her sexual orientation then obviously penny (or whoever)'s comments simply don't warrant any sort of response.  There are always people out there who are going ot hate you because your the wrong color, or he wrong religion, or the wrong whatever.

You can spend your life getting extrodinarily upset by this and hate them back - which of course means they've won.  Or you can just shake your head and move on.  Life is just way too short to get all bent out of shape over some ignorant, hateful person posting ignorant, hateful remarks in a message base.

There is nothing righteous, noble, or even smart about responding to that sort of stupidity with vitrol.  It is a collosal waste of time because you won't enlighten anyone who is that ignorant by doing so, and you certainly don't make yourself or whatever group you belong to that was "attacked" look that good either.

So, if penny (or Tom, or whoever this person is) really did mean that comment as an insult about Sean's sexual orientation, then they have my pity, however giving the comment as written I think yo have to read an awful lot into it to get to that point.

Regardless though Sean certainly didn't do himself/herself (please note, not a dig on orientation, but I don't know Sean and the name itself could be either gender) any favors by responding in such a fashion.

You have to know the history and you can bet it was intended as an insult, comming from penny combined with all his prior crap, ya it was intended exactly as sean took it. When it gets to the point a particular person cannot be part of a thread without penny coming along for his usual snipes then someone needs to say something. And I don't really care right now how I sound.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY