Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: VSS Skin Test - Opinions

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 23, 2008 · 2832 posts

bagginsbill posted Sun, 08 June 2008 at 8:27 PM

Quote - 2) I am working on a character that is very very pale Deep Winter with black hair. (Think Snow White) The skincolor is like sand to a wet sand color, (would you call that be pale olive, sallow, or soft beige?)  I'm finding that VSS has trouble with that. The color the shader adds in the shadows to rosey-pink instead of a sallow beige and that spots clash with the skintone. Is it possible to alter the color of the spots to one that is the right color for my target skintone?

I already showed that twice, maybe three times. I don't mean to be impatient, but you guys can't keep asking the same thing, unless perhaps I didn't cover it well the first time?

I need to know, did you skip looking at my diagram of the shader with the 5 key points to change on your own? Or is it not understandable what you're supposed to do, meaning I failed to explain it well enough the first time?

I identified where the SSS happens, where the SSS color is, where spots happens and what color it is, where the tinting happens, and so on.

There is no single shader that will produce every type of skin. In fact, this pale-Goth type is so wildly different from someone with a lot of pigment, that it doesn't even qualify as the same "material" in my opinion. It may be enough to tweak the parameters, or it may be necessary to come up with another model of pale skin altogether. Have you tried adjusting the parameters?

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)