Forum: Community Center

Subject: Is this nudity?

Mariny opened this issue on Jun 13, 2008 · 30 posts

SouthBeachPhoto posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 1:38 PM

Quote - I was at the library the other day and I was totally astonished to see 3 women wearing burkas! I've seen women wearing those head scarf things, but never a burka.

TBH I wanted to go over and rip it off them and tell them that they are in Canada now and that they don't need to wear that anymore!  Obviously I didn't, but I sure wanted to.

Why, because they are different than you?  And all this time I only thought moronic French, British and U.S. citizens persecuted others and their religion.

Burka-hate, head scarf things...Un-freaking-believable.

While many westerners equate Burkas and head scarves as degrading to women, and in many cases rightfully so considering the consequences some Muslim women face if they don't, many Muslim women continue follow hijab; or more so the conventional tradition of hadith, out of total faith to their religion, and in some cases as an act of defiance to the secularization of their societies, not because the husband is going to beat the shit out of them if they don't.

If you want to see something outrageous, take a look at the Pope.  The guy dresses like an idiot.  Now, how is that any different?