Forum: Vue

Subject: Poser dynamics don't load

sirenia opened this issue on Jun 15, 2008 ยท 11 posts

ArtPearl posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 12:47 PM

Do you need the whole simulation or only the last (or another specific single step? I always write out the cloth as an object file, apply the final pose to the first step, read back in the obj and delete the simulation. Alternatively you can spawn the last step as a morph and apply that to the cloth in step 1.
I got in the habit of doing that because when I save a scene with dynamic simulation (with P7) it forgets the whole simulation. I dont know if anyone else has this bug, maybe a Mac specific.
I dont do any other animations except cloth so I dont know how to solve your problem 'properly', but creating morphs has other advantages, like being able to continue a new simulation from the last step of the previous simulation.
( If this isnt clear but might be useful, ask I'll elaborate)
Good luck
PS quite often a hi-res plane from Poser isnt realy hi-res enough, unless you are simulating a handkerchief:)

"I paint that which comes from the imagination or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive. I photograph the things that I do not wish to paint, the things which already have an existence."
Man Ray, modernist painter
http://artpearl.redbubble.com/