Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 7 is slower than dead snails

Vex opened this issue on Jun 09, 2008 ยท 48 posts

Dizzi posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 6:21 PM

Quote - Now, setting aside a moment the non-sequiter you made regarding quoting styles, perhaps you should consider the fact that no matter how you try to redirect or obfuscate the facts, the facts are that Posers internal library routines are 1) Poorly written and 2) Badly in need of an update, both of which are the only two points I wished ot make in the first place and neither of which can really be successfully argued against.

All I told you was what Poser does and why it does it... You know, that's why I said, I only respond to the part of the posts I quoted... I even told you that they added an entry to the Poser.ini to stop Poser from reading the runtime. But it's fun to see that you're not interested in any information at all you just want to spread your "facts"... Poser's not utterly slow, just write the code to read directories and directory shortcuts yourself and then come back and tell me how much faster you got it using standard coding techniques... It just takes more time than simply reading directory information...