Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: you go, sulu!

dorkmcgork opened this issue on Jun 17, 2008 · 117 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Wed, 18 June 2008 at 10:07 AM

Quote - 1. We ARE in this horrible boat and the only way out is called DEATH;

All living organisms die. :)

Quote - 2. We cannot get perpetuity because, as individuals, we are going to die in at most a few decades;

Of course, perpetuity of the species.  But you have to live through those few decades.  I don't think our sentience should allow us just to suffer and scrape a living like other animals and then die. Read up on 'cynicism' - these were really nutballs back in Ancient Greece who wanted everyone running around naked begging for food and shelter to spread the idea of everybody doing that.  Unfortunately, if everyone were running around naked begging for food and shelter, who would provide it?

Quote - 3. If you think survival (as species) is so important, please watch next news on TV and then ask yourself whether a species only bent on the savage self destruction and destruction of the environment where it lives is worth surviving;

No 'species' really survives long any way in geologic time.  The average is about 2-5 million years.  Dinosaurs, as a full group of animals, survived and evolved for 125 million years but individual special types (like T. Rex) only lasted a short period within.  We're at about the 1 million year mark.

Yep, our aggressive tendencies and lack of long time foresight will be the end of us.

Quote - 4. You could not find someone further than me from the stereotypical Bible & Winchester & Noose toting yankee redneck (I hope that to have managed to communicate my visceral despise of such people) but at the same time I do not think that homosexuality is something to be proud of.

Neither is 'heterosexuality'.  It is something to be...  Why can it never be left at that?

Quote - 5. There is no need for gay marriage: it is sufficient for legal and medical purposes to sign appropriate papers giving to the other one the power to perform all the necessary actions in case one is incapacitated (e.g. telling those professional sadists called doctors to stop playing with someone and let him go the way we ALL will HAVE to go...).

Then there is no need for heterosexual marriage.  Please bring up the children fallacy (see my last post).  There are children being raised in single-parent families or in partnerships without marriage or without any parents.  And plenty of marriages with no children.

Quote - P.S.: By the way, I think that homosexuality is nothing more than one of our species defensive reactions against overpopulation.

Records of homosexuality go back to Ancient Greece and they probably existed before that.  There was no overpopulation then (nor for the next two thousand years).  The recent increase of it may be linked to overpopulation but that doesn't make it 'abnormal'.  I love that how a person ends up genetically makes them unique but if it doesn't make them like the rest it is abnormal.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone