Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: you go, sulu!

dorkmcgork opened this issue on Jun 17, 2008 ยท 117 posts

Warangel posted Wed, 18 June 2008 at 10:27 AM

I am impressed by those of us here that can actually participate in this discussion in a way that actually gives our posts credibility.

What's the point of posting an opinion if it's done in such an immature and derogatory way that it is nothing but hypocritical?

As for me, I serve the Lord. I find that interesting that suddenly people think they can label me. Holy Roller. Bible Nut. Jesus Freak. Isn't it those same labels and judgements that the opposing side is trying to get rid of? Is it not the same type of prejudice?

I was in SF a few years ago. I happened to arrive when this issue was first presented and was very heated. The person I was staying with, had a gay sister, who happened to be getting married the day I arrived at cityhall. I, being a guest in the city, went with, as it was my first visit to SF.

Out front of city hall were "christians", whom told me my soul was going to hell, that I must turn from my wicked ways, etc, etc. I actually tried to strike up conversation with them to no avail. Because I was not on their side of the fence, I must be on the opposite side.

My own views, whether right or wrong, are this. Jesus Himself never EVER forgot the person. He never made stereotypes based on a given situation.

The Bible is quite clear on this subject. And I follow that Bible. Does it mean I hate gay people? No. Does it mean I won't talk to a gay person? No.

Do I think the Bible is dated? No. Furthermore, I believe the more we stray from God and the Bible as a nation, the worse our society becomes. Don't believe me? Take a really close look at what has been happening the last forty years.

I would also once again like to thank those participating in a mature fashion. Though we disagree, it should not change our opinions of each other.