Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: you go, sulu!

dorkmcgork opened this issue on Jun 17, 2008 · 117 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Wed, 18 June 2008 at 11:21 AM

Quote - Oh and please lay off people who believe in a loving God and who believe in Jesus. Never understood why it's ok for folks to slam folks who believe, yet if we say something we believe in we are prudes or closeminded. You want folks to leave you alone in your beliefs, try to refrain from slamming other beliefs and you may get a surprise. I personally don't care if someone is gay or lesbian, but am getting sick of hearing about it all the time. Turn the page already, get on with just living.

I can't let this go by unretorted.

I was raised in an Italian Roman Catholic family - very religious and some of them still are.  I was even considering seminary to become a Franciscan monk at one point.  But then I learned some life lessons.

See, the problem is that you turn it around so nicely.  Poor religious people - awww.  So, it's only us (a very small minority) berating you (the vast majority).  Religious people never try to dictate my life (sarcasm, big fat stinking sarcasm).  They (and I mean particular groups and not a blanket everyone) try to tell people who they can marry, how to love, work, live.  They force this into legislation.  They sometimes determine if you live.  And it is I who is slamming you?  If we were just to be quiet and let those poor religious folks get on with doing their honorable stuff for us, hmmm, any self-described homosexuals would be dead or imprisoned or institutionalized.
I'll make a pact with ya.  You (general) leave my life alone and I'll stop retaliating in defense of non-stop attempts to legislate how I live.  Sound reasonable?

Short list of laws/programs with religious undertones or under constant attack from religious organizations:

Abortion
Homosexuality
Homosexual marriage
Creationism/Intelligent Design
Stem cell research
Right to die (Kevorkian and Terry Shiavo)
Faith-based initiative
School vouchers
Abstinence programs/Birth control

Except for the first, there is no other 'person' (loosely) harmed (yes, even with chosen right to terminate one's life due to suffering).

One reason that I am easily angered over these types of statements: AIDS.  I remember vividly the coming together and communal support given to the gay community by everyone else when AIDS killed millions.  Paybacks suck don't they.  It should make you (again, general - I hate English) feel ashamed and cry.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone