Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: you go, sulu!

dorkmcgork opened this issue on Jun 17, 2008 · 117 posts

dorkmcgork posted Wed, 18 June 2008 at 12:10 PM

i believe it's important for the government to come around on this because, as many of us forget, homosexuality is not just frowned upon in many places, but outright outlawed.  there are people sitting in jail simply for being gay.  i remember a case in texas about ten years ago that made its way all the way to the supreme court where some guys in dallas got their home invaded just as they were engaged in sex, and thrown into prison for it.  they are not alone in this i assure you.  i don't know this for sure but they probably had their house tapped so as to catch them just at the right moment.

when you deny anyone any right at all, you justify denying anyone's rights anytime.  (gitmo, anyone?)  i believe that the only way to protect your own rights is to stand up for those you don't really agree with so that we all have equal rights in every way.

o and just on the religious side...i figure jesus hated divorce more than anything.  he railed against it quite a  bit.  not that i would outlaw that either...i figure he was simply trying to insure that no women and children ended up starving to death.  our society does make effort in that direction.

go that way really fast.
if something gets in your way
turn