Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: you go, sulu!

dorkmcgork opened this issue on Jun 17, 2008 · 117 posts

Tyger_purr posted Wed, 18 June 2008 at 2:29 PM

Quote - Well since it would appear that almost everyone else is venting here I'd like to do the same, also.

After reading your uncited quotation of Pastor Jesse Roland's blog (who intern quotes without citation the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality) I am left with some questions.

Quote - Homosexuality flies in the face of basic laws of procreation, and cannot therefore be considered “normal”, and there is plenty of evidence that the lifestyles of gay men tend to be anything other than harmless.

Abstinence, monogamy and celibacy also fly in the face of basic laws of procreation. How are we to pick and choose which are appropriate? Keep in mind that as a non-christian i do not give much weight to your Biblical quotations.

Quote - The fact is that the “experts” don’t know exactly what causes homosexual attraction. The APA does see it as a combination of nature and nurture. Certain trends pop up, though. Sensitive personalities, poor relationships with fathers, forceful mothers, trauma in childhood, early sexual activity and/or molestation, early rejection by peers – things that leave small children longing for love or acceptance, or that create an extreme sense of inadequacy – are the sorts of things in the backgrounds of many unwilling homosexuals. Then there is the spiritual aspect, which is even harder to nail down in politically correct America.

If we assume that any or all of these "nurture" events are the "cause" of the sexual orientation, why do we need to "fix" someone who has found fulfilment of their needs in a loving relationship? True there are extreemes in homosexual activity, as there are in heterosexual activity, and in sports for that matter, but these cannot be used as the baseline for judging a group.

Quote - They [exgays] have been freed from something that was a chain around their necks and hearts, and have rejoiced in becoming whole.

Former alcoholics say similar things, should I then stop having a glass of wine with dinner so that I can become “whole” and be freed from a chain around my neck?

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries