Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: you go, sulu!

dorkmcgork opened this issue on Jun 17, 2008 · 117 posts

Molina00 posted Wed, 18 June 2008 at 3:52 PM

I have no doubt this is going to turn a lot of people off to me, but so be it.  I personally do not agree with homosexuality, but niether am I trying to appear self righteous or 'holier then thou'.  I am simply stating Biblical Truth.

**Genesis 19:4, 5
**"Now before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both old and young, all the people from every quarter, surrounded the house.  And they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight?  Bring them out to us that we may know them carnally."

Know them carnally meaning that the men of Sodom desired homosexual relations with Lot's visitors.

**Genesis 19: 24, 25
**"Then the Lord rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the Lord out of the heavens.  So He overthrew those cities, all the plain, all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on the ground."

The Bible is not flawed, some translations just may not be 100% accurate as the original writings.  But there can be no mistake about God's position on homosexuality, considering Sodom and Gomorrah (and every single person in those cities with the exception of Lot and his family) were destroyed for their sin and depravity.  This is just one of countless examples in the Old Testament of God's judgement on people for their sin.   

In the case of Jesus saying that "let he without sin cast the first stone", John 8:9 says that those who heard him went away convicted by their consiences.  Only the Lord is blameless and it is to Him that we must give an account of our actions on judgement day.  Man's law is not God's law.  Man's laws can be changed, ammended or updated.  God's law has and always will be the same and uncompromised.