Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: you go, sulu!

dorkmcgork opened this issue on Jun 17, 2008 · 117 posts

Darboshanski posted Wed, 18 June 2008 at 3:49 PM

What about the constitution of the United States? What about the Bill of Rights?? Or do these documents mean nothing anymore? How can you say you live in the land of the free and the home of the brave when you deny other's their rights to live freely and without persecution? Or does the Constitution and Bof R only good for those "certain" few??????

And please save me the argument about the Founding Fathers and their "religious" beliefs if you dive further into their lives and ideals you will see that many of them warned against and "National" religion because they knew this would be just as oppressive as the government they were fighting to break from. The FF also knew there were other religions and people of different mind sets in the world besides their own hence the phrase "endowed by THEIR creator" as a matter of fact Jefferson was interested in Islam so much so he had a copy of the Koran.

I grew up very religious to the point of almost entering the priesthood (I served in the 20 years in the military  instead) and I do not understand, nor will I ever, this need to mix the affairs of God in a worldly government affairs? Paul warned the early church of this and Christ himself made point of this also. It also annoys me that those who profess to be saved by grace are the most vicious, condemning and judgmental and feel they need to enforce the laws of God. God needs no help he and he alone will judge God needs no worldly government, institution or MAN to do this. Do you really feel that Christ himself would not love the very people you stand against? Who are you to do so?

Again, you can't say people have the freedom to choose how they want to live their lives and then turn around and deny them that freedom...kinda sounds like speaking with a fork tongue?
This would be an excellent debate however I see how "Adult" these debates come out here.

My Facebook Page