Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: (OT) OMG! I'm returning the computer from HELL!!!!

Acadia opened this issue on Feb 12, 2007 · 116 posts

seaayre posted Fri, 20 June 2008 at 7:14 PM

I dunno. Last 4 computers we have had were all Dells. One had some issues with the CD writer so they sent us a new one The writer still didn't work until the maker came out with firmware for it, which they did a month or so later. Then it was fine. Another had monitor problems when it got to be about 2 years old. The one I am on now is over 4 years old, and still runs okay. I thought it was dead once, but hubby took out the memory modules and blew the dust off them, plugged them back in, and all was well. I have never even reformatted it. (Having said that I will probably have to do it tomorrow. lol)  The other one is a laptop which seems fine so far. I will probably buy another desktop from them in a year or so. We are not knowledgable enough to build our own, but I like being able to customize the machine a bit. I can usually get more or less what I want from Dell.

Our first computer (and I have no idea what brand it was) didn't even have a hard drive. We had to boot it with big floppy disks, and save all our work to more disks. Those were the days. LOL