Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Friendly reminder, folks...

JenX opened this issue on Jun 09, 2008 · 49 posts

Penguinisto posted Wed, 25 June 2008 at 8:43 AM

Quote -
Well If it's the policy not to do so, I don't have a problem with that but I don't happen to agree that everyone has a right to an opinion if it causes disruptions to the operation of the site.

How would a locked thread cause disruption? It slowly (or quickly, depending on traffic) drifts downward, never to be seen again. Move it to a flame-bucket thread (Hell, I  do) if you want to keep topics separate, or a thread that degenerated into something way off-topic. No need to pretend it never happened.

Quote - Nobody has a right to shout fire in a theatre in order to cause a panic. Likewise, nobody should just be allowed to post vitriolicly in a thread just to cause a flame war or locking of a thread they don't happen to agree with.

Err, opinion (good or bad) is nowhere near the equivalent of fraud or incitement to riot. Otherwise half the Media would be in jail right now.

You, the reader, get to decide whether to panic or not. Nobody can force you to feel an emotion or do something with mere words - only you have that power to decide for yourself. Never give that power to someone else.

/P