Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Maybe its just me..

Khory_D opened this issue on Jun 24, 2008 · 72 posts

Letterworks posted Wed, 25 June 2008 at 2:24 PM

Here's my take on it. I've opened DAZ studio about a dozen times, not because I don;t like it, actually in a lot of ways I think it's a better interface than Poser, BUT most of what I do anymore is "content creation" of some type and Studio doesn;t have the creation tool set that Poser has (I know, I know it's coming and I may wind up switching when it finally gets here, but I'm talking about NOW) So the TIME more than the effort to learn D/S enough to test in it is just not a high priority at this point.

So I usually put NOT TESTED IN DAZ STUDIO. It's a warning, for the most part all but the a couple of my products SHOULD work in D/S (and from reports from customers it does) but I can;t help trouble shoot it if there is a problem. For the most part it's textures that won;t work and with add-on texture packs what doesn;t work out of the box probably will with on of the add-on texture pacls.

Now my latest product doesn;t have that warning because the person I collaborated with DOES use D/S and created a seperate set of textures that fit the D/S criteria. I know the models should work (and they were tested this time, but not by me :( ) since I try to conform to DAZ's requirements.

Still concidering DAZ's improvements to D/S (sub-D anyone?) I can see a lot of migration in that direction and as soon as they publish a set of creators tools I WILL learn the program. I won't be leaving Poser but adding D/S to the workflow.

M.