Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Maybe its just me..

Khory_D opened this issue on Jun 24, 2008 ยท 72 posts

RubiconDigital posted Wed, 25 June 2008 at 6:50 PM

Here we go again. Thinking before you write is always a good idea. I specifically state that particular products of mine will not work in D|S, because they make extensive use of shader nodes. I am not going to provide bitmap textures for every nut, bolt and bit of detail in a product. I'm simply not. The UV mapping alone would drive me insane. If you don't like it, bad luck, frankly. I get sick of people attacking vendors for not doing this or not supporting that. The proposition that we all should be supporting Vue and Carrara as well is also ridiculous. Why not add LightWave, Max, XSI et al to the list as well? Vendors choose what products they support and that's that. Dumping on people because they don't support a particular product only serves to get them offside and more than likely decreases your chances of ever seeing support for it.
If you want products to support D|S, go and annoy DAZ to put in a proper surface editor, one that allows you to build decent shaders, rather than just setting gloss and reflectance values. Until that happens, you're unlikely to see D|S support take off.