Forum: Community Center

Subject: CRC check failed - Anyone getting this error when trying to unzip a Renderosity

JeniferC opened this issue on Jun 26, 2008 · 198 posts

Momcat posted Sat, 28 June 2008 at 2:23 PM

I find it difficult to believe that (a) it's even possible for site software to rewrite or modify anything on ones browser. (b) even if it were possible, that it would have any legitimate purpose to so such a thing.  I may have some issues with how Renderosity applies its policies, but I seriously doubt that they would go out of their way to do nefarious things to my web browser, including trackers.  In all my years as a member of Renderosity, I have never found any evidence of malicious code on the site.

AFAIK, NOTHING was done to modify the software that caused this problem.  This has to do with a routing issue.  The site was moved to a new server on Monday. Since then, some members are experiencing packet loss during downloading.  This is causing all sorts of oddities for a few of us.
I really don't think there is anything we can do on our end, except be patient, and let the tech folks sort it out.