Forum: Community Center

Subject: CRC check failed - Anyone getting this error when trying to unzip a Renderosity

JeniferC opened this issue on Jun 26, 2008 · 198 posts

MGD posted Sun, 29 June 2008 at 3:40 PM

OK, I admit it ... I was bored.  [grin]

I did another 6 downloads of the test ZIP file in addition to the one I did a few days ago.  I used Netscape 7.2 for 3 of the downloads and Internet Exploiter 7 for the second 3 downloads. 

I couldn't find any of those 7 downloads would uncompress and allow the PDF to be viewed ... I couldn't even find any 2 of the 7 that even had the same error ... that is, I couldn't find any 2 files that would compare as equal using the file compare command (FC from a command window). 

This is a very simple test that your programmers and/or network admins could run both from your LAN or also from some other location.  I don't know if your servers are located in your office space or not ... but if you can download and expand the file when you are on the same physical LAN as the servers but not otherwise ... this problem is something your ISP is doing ... OTOH, if it's always bad, then it's something to do with your servers. 

If what I wrote here isn't clear, please have your programmers and/or network admins contact me directly. 

--
Martin
p.s. In an earlier message in this thread, you already have the details about my setup, ISP, ...