Forum: Community Center

Subject: CRC check failed - Anyone getting this error when trying to unzip a Renderosity

JeniferC opened this issue on Jun 26, 2008 · 198 posts

MKeyes posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 10:33 AM

Okay, I just purchased a package yesterday - Needed it very badly, and I get a feeling, I am going to have to re-buy something else because it's a business matter that I need it for, a book cover! Oh this is not a good time for this.

I bought V4 Native American outfit by Renapd and I downloaded it and it came up with the CRC failed, corrupted file! I redownloaded it again and re-tried the extract - same thing. Then I went to Alzip and updated the unzip file untility with the most current and tried it again. Same issue. I have used Alzip for 5 years now and never any problem.

I then tried Winzip - newest version - same problem. So I emailed Renapd and she stated I should get rid of files on computer, try out, GetRight - which I've downloaded and redownload from RMP - which I went to do after having tried that and it stated my download limit had been reached! So I need that reset please... in the meantime, I will answer the above query.

===================================================
Here is what we need to know from everyone having the problem:

1.  Who is your ISP?
    **      Virgin Media**

2.  What type of Service do you have (dial-up, dsl, cable, etc)?
      **    Cable - 20mg speed - the fastest!**

3)  What OS do you run and what version and service packs?
     Windows XP and all the latest Service packs - set at auto updates!

4)  What software is used to Unzip the file?  (version & service packs)
      Alzip - the latest updated version - also - Winzip latest! Same results

5)  Do you use any type of download manager?
      No ... just now going to try GetRight as soon as my download is reset!

1.  What Anit-virus software are you running?
          Avast! - Never had any problems with it either! All my Daz downloads work fine.

7)  What is the file size stated on Bondware before downloading and what is the file size your computer has after downloading (but before trying to unzip)?
      The size of the two files say, file 1) 20.54mgs file 2) 21.42 and on my computer the sizes are, 1.) 21,034 - and the second item I don't know because I've exceeded my downloads trying to get them to work and NO ONE has reset them so I can RE-Download the second file! The first two sets I downloaded, I deleted from the files as I was told now I only have ONE of the files now!

1. What browser do you use?
         I mostly use Firefox - but I also have IE which I tried the second and third time, still the same results!
    And last ... from the UK - England! Problem!
    =============================================================

Now here is the order number, which was from yesterday... #111424136 - can someone PLEASE RESET my order so that I can re-try downloading it with GetRight ??? This is really holding me up! I can't believe this! I should have gone with the ranger set from Daz3d which ironically, was cheaper! LOL - and I chose this set, and I can't even use it because it won't work!

Daz Studio is searching for files that it can't find because they were corrupted!!!