Forum: Community Center

Subject: OT-For those in the US and Canada

Jumpstartme2 opened this issue on Jan 07, 2008 ยท 17 posts

dominicmeh posted Tue, 08 July 2008 at 2:19 AM

Quote - Hey gang,

I just had to post this...anyone tired of the horrendous phone bills from your home phone and cell phones?

I found the cure {so far as my testing has gone}

It's called the MagicJack...its a little device that plugs into your usb port on your computer, you plug your phone jack cord into the other end, and you have free phone service via your high speed internet connection! {doesn't work for dialup yet, and its not available outside US and Canada yet :sad:} and Mac support is coming out soon 😉

Now, the MagicJack sells for $39.95 USD plus shipping and handling...brings the total up to a bit of change over $46.00 {first year is free}

Best of all.....you only pay $19.95 per YEAR! and the first year is **free!

**No, I do not work for these people, and am not trying to give them a 'plug'..I found this by accident, and boy am I glad I did....it works perfectly on my home phone. I wanted to give you all a heads up because we all suffer from enormous phone bills...especially cells.

Doesn't slow my computer down {still have not tested it yet while Im running my programs like Poser...will test that later tonight} It does pull a bit on CPU, but not even nearly what say Firefox pulls....

You can use the computer while on the phone etc....its wayyy better than Vonage I can say that..I have used them and this is wayyyyyyyy better :D {Vonage and others actually make you pay extra for incoming calls and you pay per month}

I had mine set up in like 5 minutes..and was making and receiving calls everywhere :biggrin:

Check it out gang!

Thanks for this information : -) it's very helpful..