Forum: Complaint & Debate

Subject: Does anyone else notice a similarity here?

Blackhearted opened this issue on Jun 21, 2001 ยท 34 posts

DigitalDream#3 posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 9:52 PM

I really do not see where it says that they themselves created the background. It says "Background created in Bryce" which it was. They just did'nt give credit for it. I've created a few free models and backgrounds and have had my share of downloads on them, and never received credit for them. I know it sucks, but thats why in the professional world you have copyrights, contracts etc. Was there a readme file stating that in order for it to be used, credit must be given? When something is given free, that usually means no strings attached. Free is just that, Free.I realize what you are saying with the instant message that was sent to you, but I've had this happen a couple of times myself. Someone Instant messaged me saying they could'nt download one of my models and to send them a copy. I did. Then they said that the file came garbled (first and last time that happened) and that they would just make it themself. Gee, really looked similar to mine.I always make sure to include a read me file, in case someone makes a buck off of it so there is no misunderstanding.But I would'nt worry about it, the public is smarter than they might think. Nice background though.BTW it might help next time to take a screenshot.