Forum: Complaint & Debate

Subject: Does anyone else notice a similarity here?

Blackhearted opened this issue on Jun 21, 2001 ยท 34 posts

RadArt posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 11:10 PM

Well, I have to say something again, can't shut me up around here these days, geez, when am I gonna get my own work done? Anyways, I did a little test. I actually put myself in the place of Ms. Outlaw here. And I gotta admit, it would bother me too somewhat, not about the pic being used, in fact, that would "flatter" me to no end, but because of the "subliminal insinuation" that the artist did it. I gave away a bunch of comic book stuff a while back and someone was kind enough to actually USE this as a part of their rendering, (see, I say kind), and I was flattered. They mentioned my name, and even said, "hey, I hope RadArt don't mind?, I certainly didn't ;-) Now, if this person had suggested nothing, again, it wouldn't have bothered me at all, I still would have been flattered, I gave that away, and someone was cool enough to use it for something like this, allright! BUT, if this person had made like it was something THEY did, like say they said, "comic book is actual poser work", I am sorry. but even though the artist don't SAY "they" did it, it sounds like they are SAYING they did. I believe MOST people would assume the artist is just relaying how this was done, by THEM, not "comic done in poser by someone else". If that had been the case scenario it be better to have said NOTHING at all than that. But remember, there IS a possibilty that this artist is not English fluent too, in that case they may just not realize how they came across, and also not everyone thinks the same ways neither. But that really should be no excuse. We do need to be careful how we portray ourselves and our work here, just like we need to think before we comment and rate.... Take care...