Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Disappointed With the New V4 Elite Morphs...

onimusha opened this issue on Jul 11, 2008 · 355 posts

onimusha posted Sat, 12 July 2008 at 10:42 PM

> Quote - Well, if you read the blurb about their new 3D suite at DAZ, on the morphs side the point is supposed to be that they have a new suite of laser scanners etc for full-body scanning real live people's body shapes precisely, and having that translated directly into morphs for their 4th generation figures, to produce very realistic shapes as they are in fact direct representations of the people they scanned. The 3 'Elite' morphs for V4.2 are the first product of that process, being morphs from 3 real life women they had in to represent 3 body types, and they aren't just an artist's impression of shapes, sculpting mesh to try to match what's in their mind's eye or photos, they ARE the shapes of 3 real women they had in the suite to be laser scanned for the morphs.

I believe this about as far as I could throw DAZ's HDAC.  The Utopian morph is a complete ripoff of Blackhearted's GND, a morph that is well known, and seems to sell well enough to survive two iterations of Victoria.  Whatever scanning they did went out the window whenever they decided to rip Blackhearted off (unless Blackhearted was on the design team).

Here's a comparison... you tell me which one is which...