Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Friendly reminder, folks...

JenX opened this issue on Jun 09, 2008 · 49 posts

JenX posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 4:58 PM

Ok, let me reiterate my point... One person's solitary viewpoint is not the viewpoint of all.  Point being?  You may see the debating of politics to be a way to get to know your fellow forumites, which is great, *until the insults* (veiled and obvious) *start flying*.  One guy may think that the thing he just said is super funny and catchy, while 10 people read it and see it as a biting insult.  The thing is, **this is not a debating forum, nor is it a political site**.  That's what people forget, and when we ask people to tone it down, we get accused of everything from favoritism and elitism to picking on someone.  Posts and threads start about how the community is gone here because you can't argue about the finer points of the McCain campaign in the Poser forum.  The thing about forum threads...they *are* a conversation.  To be completely honest, I hate reading/listening to conversations that I really don't want to be privvy to, have no input on, and don't really care about.  I read them because it's my job, and to maybe douse the flames before they get out of hands, should sparks fly.  There have been a LOT of threads in the past few months where people get more and more vocal about things, folk that haven't been vocal about said things in the past.  Like I've said before, we really DON'T want to ban OT discussions.  It breeds friendships which, believe it or not, sparks creativity and learning.  However, I'm not sure what it is that's so insulting about the cat pics.  Sure, they're not everyone's cup of tea.  Scroll down.  There's a difference between hurling actual verbal insults across the forii and posting a lolcat image that actually may encompass the poster's actual answer to a previous post.  It's honestly no different than me posting an image of my son with a cutesy caption at the bottom, like the attached image.  Everyone has a different way of posting/answering, etc.  For instance, I remember a loooooooooong time ago, before I became a mod, becoming publicly frustrated with the way Xenophonz used to respond to my questions and/or posts, and freaking out at him in my own not-very-subtle manner.  Looking back...you know, seriously, it wasn't that annoying.  It's just that I expected everyone cater to my ADD and condense their posts, while I still posted my mini-novels (case in point, this post.)

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.