Forum: Bryce

Subject: Importing Poser to Bryce 6.1

ladyperiwinkle opened this issue on Jul 18, 2008 ยท 12 posts

pakled posted Sat, 19 July 2008 at 8:35 PM

To do it from Poser's a bit more of a trick.

First - You do your work in Poser. Then File, Export, Object, select your figure from out of the list (I usually uncheck everything, then check the figure). This creates a object you can put into Bryce.

Once in Bryce, it's File, Import, Object. That gets it in there.

Now, the fun begins. Dynamic hair, clothes, etc., mostly don't transfer...so you may have to use an older clothes or hair (you can try it, and see what comes over).

2nd - once you have the object transferred over, you're left with (often)...a gray statue. That's because the texture files have to be specified. You can do this, but pointing to the Textures file folders for each requested by Bryce. Some things may not transfer, though.

The 'eyeball problem'. I don't know if they've fixed this in later versions, but the eyeballs can import as gray. If this happens, ctrl+mouse click on the eyeball, and select the outer eyeball (may not be apparent, so you may have some more experimenting to do). Go to Materials, then Glass, then select the most transparent glass, and texture the eyeball with that.

You can try using Bryce textures for ones that don't 'come through', but the difference is obvious. My gallery is filled with dozens of horrid examples...;)

There may still be a utility in Freebies called 'grouper', that will allow you to 'tie together' all the textures for an object to export it to Bryce. But Daz Studio is a free download from Daz 3d, so you can go either way.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)