Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: P7 - PPro Inconsistency

cspear opened this issue on May 10, 2008 · 59 posts

ir posted Mon, 21 July 2008 at 7:22 PM

There is definitely something not right with Poser Pro.

I loaded two figures into a scene (one V4, one M3 with high-shader textures) in P7, used the Andre shader lights by Atlantistyle. Rendered, turned out as expected.

Loaded up PPro, and loaded the same two figures from the same runtime, and applied the same lights, and used the identical render settings. The shaders on the textures seemed to have been ignored, as did the displacement maps, even though the render settings were very high and Use Displacement Maps was checked (again, identical to the P7 settings.)

So, I went back to P7, and repeated my steps, then saved the scene. Closed P7, Opened PPro, loaded the scene, and rendered. It came out exactly as it did in P7.  The lights did not use IBL or AO.

So there's definitely a difference in how PPro is handling shaders and lights. I can't say it's "right" because it's not working as expected, and one DOES expect displacement maps to render when that option is checked. But it wasn't just displacement, it was most of the shaders (skin sheen, falloff, etc...) Big bug in my opinion.

And I'm basically seeing exactly what cspear originally reported with IBL/AO lights. The shaders are being ignored there too.