Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: So you think you're old?

Conniekat8 opened this issue on Jul 19, 2008 ยท 54 posts

Blackhearted posted Wed, 23 July 2008 at 11:13 AM

Quote - Old is remembering music recorded on vinyl and having record albums.
Old is remembering how to use a rotary dial telephone.
Old is remembering full service gas stations where the dude
wore a uniform and cleaned your windshield, checked under the
hood and pumped the gas.
Old is remembering life before video games, home computers,
ipods, cable TV and remote control for the TV set.
Old is thinking that your rack audio system was buck.
Hehehehehehehehe!

wtf?!
i remember all that and im only 31!! :)
we had rotary dial phones, a vinyl collection, they still checked under the hood (ok it wasnt my car's hood) and wore uniforms at gas stations, i was around 10ish before i saved up enough money to buy my own Commodore 64(C) (complete with tape drive, daisy wheel printer, and i even had a couple of game carts for it), and i was 19-20 before i actually had access to the internet (which kids take for granted these days, i had to rush the library with 30 other students all looking for the same 2-3 books on the same topic - sometimes id have to take the bus all the way downtown to the central library just to get a book to finish a project. nowadays you just type a few keywords into google... lucky little shits) .
the TV set had no remote, just some giant brown box on top of the TV you had to click these beige rectangular buttons down on. and that was massive technological progress! -- before that i remember UHF/VHF and frikken rabbit-ear antennas w/aluminum foil just to get 3 channels on a TV set that weighed more than my car.

and hey - whats wrong with rack audio systems? i still use an old harman kardon, and yes it has a turntable :)