Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: P5 Conform Clothing Doesn't Completely Cover Figures. Help!

lunchworks opened this issue on Jun 08, 2008 · 10 posts

AnAardvark posted Wed, 23 July 2008 at 1:20 PM

Quote - Yes, but the clothing is not conformed.

1. i loaded V4.2 figure
  2. i loaded skirt for V4.2
  3. V.4s thighs show thru front of skirt
  4. i made sure the skirt was the selected object
  5. i went to Figure menu
  6. clicked Conform To....
  7. drop down options are not populated, i cannot see choice for Victoria.  Only shows  "none"

is it a problem with the design of the clothing?  Or am i missing something

Thanks

The default pose for V4 is not actually a zeroed pose, instead it is with slightly bent legs. Most skirts are designed to fit in the zeroed pose. To get the zeroed pose, turn off IK, open the joint editor, pick some part of V4, and click on "zero figure". She will now be standing straight up. At this point, the skirt should look like it fits. The problem with skirts (as opposed to pants), is that rather than having left and right thighs, they usually have a single "hip" part. They basically require some work to get them to fit a figure with bent legs. Some skirts have morphs. For example, the DAZ morphing fantasy dress has morphs for adjusting to left leg forward, right leg forward etc. (At least, I remember it does.) Most of Aery Souls clothes have plenty of these movement morphs. Other clothes (which may have movement morphs) have handles -- these look like cubes or cones in preview. You can move them about and they drag that portion of the skirt. I personally find it easiest to select them and then use the properties to tweak their movement (typically they can bend, twist etc.) So if your figure has her left leg forward, you might choose the "right thigh" handle and bend it, and then have to tweak the "front" or "back" handles.